Coren Law Group undertakes high-level sensitive investigations that are best handled by an independent seasoned employment specialist, who could become an expert witness in subsequent judicial proceedings. We conduct workplace investigations in a wide array of industries, and for corporations, non-profits, and public sector entities. The investigations are structured to avoid conflicts of interest and preserve attorney-client and work product privileges.
Coren Law Group conducts thorough and unbiased internal workplace investigations of the following types of conduct:
- EEO Complaints: Investigate whether unlawful harassment, discrimination or retaliation has occurred.
- Employee Misconduct: Investigate whether there is a reasonable, good faithand honest basis to believe that misconduct occurred and that “just cause” or“good cause” exists for taking adverse employment action.
- Unethical Conduct: Investigate whether employees have engaged in alleged or suspected unlawful and/or unethical conduct for which the employer ormanagement officials can be held responsible.
- Wage Law Complaints: Investigate claims that employer has violated State and Federal wage laws including claims for overtime, employee misclassification and failure to provide mandated meal and rest breaks.
- Whistleblower Complaints (pre and post litigation): Investigate complaints byinternal whistleblowers who report alleged misconduct and unethical or illegal activity by the company and fellow employees or superiors within their company.
The role of the independent investigator in whistleblower cases has grown in importance as Congress and the States continue to create new whistleblower/retaliation causes of action.
Our legal training, interpersonal and interview skills, temperament, extensive employment law knowledge, and experience with employment claims provide the framework for investigations that are high quality, thorough and unbiased. Performing an effective investigation allows employers to make informed decisions, greatly reduces the likelihood of litigation, and can significantly limit an employer’s liability for the underlying conduct. Properly conducting an investigation can be critical to key defenses should related litigation ensue.
We are available to testify at depositions and trial about the investigations.